Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Best of the 'Betes Blogs: March 2014


I was asked to host this month's Best of the 'Betes Blogs.  This just in:  I’m never ever ever doing it again.

Having to choose one nominee over another was pure torture for me.

Let’s have a moment of silence for my nerves. 

………..

………..

I asked Sara if choosing everyone was an option.

She just laughed at me.  Like “EVIL” laughed at me, and said she had faith I could do it.  She even threw the words, “YOU CAN DO THIS!” in my face.

Maybe she was right…but let it be known, I can’t even decide what kind of dressing to put on my salad.  Balsamic?  Ranch?  Blue Cheese?  Thousand?  They are all wonderful!  Just like these blog posts.  This was way harder than I anticipated.  Obviously though, once I realized I wasn’t deciding on the Nobel Peace Prize, I went with my gut and made the hard choices.

Without further ado:  Below please find the Best of the Betes Blogs for March 2014!

BEST USE OF HUMOR:
Kim from Texting my Pancreas for coming up with the ingenious “Starch Madness.”  How do you treat a low?  Check out the brackets HERE.

BEST USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY:

BEST USE OF ADVOCACY:
Bennet at Your Diabetes May Very and his use of the phrase, “Meth or Insulin.”

BEST STORY OF A D MEET UP

BEST NON D RELATED POST:

BEST POST BY A TYPE 1:
Our beloved Ninjabetic knocks it out of the park with this inspired way to explain diabetes to a muggle.

BEST POST BY A TYPE AWESOME
 
BEST STORY OF A D MISTAKE:
If you happen to have Type 1 Diabetes, and you happen to be getting married, you have probably gone through every single possible scenario that could go wrong diabetes-wise at the wedding.  But what if what went wrong, went wrong with your brother, and not yourself.  Katie at Diabetic Advocate blogs about another DOC save!

BEST MOTIVATIONAL POST:
Surfice Fine.  She mustered up the courage to connect with a complete strang(er) about diabetes.  How many times have I had the same conversation in my head?

BEST DIABETES ART:
A flow chart by Sarah at Insulin Pens Don’t Have Ink.  Follow it if you have an opinion about someone’s diabetes.  Handy when you’re in a pinch!

BEST COMMENTER:

Thanks to everyone who sent in nominations, and congratulations to all the nominees!

Pam

Also, if you see a post in April that stands out to you, go HERE right away and nominate them for Best of the 'Betes Blogs April Edition!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan