Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Calling All Prayers.

Some of you who know me, know that there have been a few times that J has gone away over night this year, and I kinda freaked out about it. Some of those times in particular, I did a really GREAT job of pretending I was fine…but inside my gut was jello waiting for my guy to get home safe. I’ve done a lot of internal freaking out this year..A LOT.

Those times have NOTHING on today.

Because I’m WAY PAST freaking out people. I am miles past freaking out…freaking out is a kiddie ride at the fair right now…a total cake walk…

Where I am right now is not pretty.

I left J in a downpour of rain, standing in 3 inches of mud...at six grade camp. 45 minutes away.

Six grade camp, that is 45 minutes away that lasts FOUR DAYS.

I think I’ve covered all my bases.

I have his monitor clipped to his belt loop.

I have snacks everywhere…of which I hope no bears come into his cabin to eat…his cabin that has no windows…

I have fast acting sugar in his pocket.

I have an alarm clock for the councilor that is sleeping in his “cabin.” So he can do a 2:00am check.

I promised his friends some kind of reward if they reminded him to check, at which time 2 of his friends set their alarms for 2:00am.

I have extra everything packed, including batteries in case his pump battery goes low.

I have bribed J to check his sugar 5x a day…for if he does, he gets 50 bucks.

I have everything covered…except my peace of mind.

I left him there, and I lost it. I cried all the way home…I sit here a raccoon.

(Hello! Can you say, "Drama Queen.")

That is where you come in…

I need a favor. A real honest to gosh favor.

If you are the praying type…and I know most of us spend A LOT of time on our knees…so if you are the kind of person who prays…

Please, could you say a prayer for J?

Pray that he remembers to check…that he will feel his lows…that he will be safe. And maybe throw in a little peace of mind for me?

I’m asking because know that prayer works. Our prayers are heard! So please…can you take just a minute to say a little prayer for me?

And if you aren’t the praying type…good thoughts would help too. I’ll gratefully accept whatever you send our way.

Thanks guys. I know I'm being a complete dopus about all this…I just know that right now I can’t do this on my own. I need a little extra help from my guardian angels on this one.

Lucky for me…I have a bunch of angels that read my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan