Thursday, May 27, 2010

J Update!

I am completely overwhelmed. When I read the responses to my plea from my last post, I was bowled over by the love and compassion.

I have friends checking up on us right and left, and I can’t tell you how good it feels to know that so many angels got my back.

I finally have an update about J.

He didn’t call yesterday, so my husband ventured out to camp to check up on him today.

He found him huddled in a large tent area playing games with his friends. He was elated to see Ryan, apparently because it broke some of the monotony.

J says they have been imprisoned for the past few days. They haven’t been able to do any of the planned activities because of the crazy rain. He says they have been completely bored.

:(

Ryan asked if he wanted to go home, and he said, “Yes, but I’m not going to. If it were because I was having problems with my sugars, then it would be ok. But it doesn’t seem fair just to leave because I am bored.”

Hello awesomeness.

Speaking of numbers…

Ryan says that his numbers have been PHENOMENAL! He actually used the word phenomenal over and over again. He said there were a couple lows…one 55 on the first day, one in the seventies and one in the eighties, but otherwise every gosh dang number has been in the 100’s. He has been checking his BG AT LEAST 5 times a day, and is on track to earn that 50 bucks I promised him.

Could it be that he is just so much better than me at taking care of his body?

Or do his numbers show that it is a proven fact that prayer works?

I have no doubt that his success, although greatly attributed to his amazing self, also have something to do with the prayers and good thoughts that YOU, my friends, have sent my way.

He will be home tomorrow. I’m going to make it a point to sleep like a rock tonight. Not only for me, but for J too. He deserves a mom that can trust him after he has put in the hard work. I trust that he will continue to take good care of himself until tomorrow. I’m talking the talk, and now it’s time to walk the walk. I’m officially done worrying about 6th grade camp.

I’m not done over reacting and worrying all together…not by a long shot. But I feel confident that J’s got this.

(((BIG*FAT*DEEP*BREATH)))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan