Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Facts of Our Diabetic Life

It's been a crazy week! My brain is fried…so I present to you, my life in facts.

FACT #1: I predicted on Facebook we would have an offer on our house this week.

FACT #2: Offer on the table…waiting to see if it will pan out.

FACT #3: Perfect house still available. (Although a little unsure since all my blogger friends seem to think the offer didn’t pan out the first time because it is probably run over by demonic scorpions.)

FACT #4: It would take a million miracles for this all to work out like we want…luckily for me….I believe in miracles.

FACT #5: We have had a couple of people come through the house everyday…which leads to me smattering the house with all kinds of chemicals. As a result, our medical alert dog Lawton has been a bit off his game.

FACT #6: A few long night of lows because Lawton is struggling.

FACT #7: But DANG! Our house has never been so immaculate for such a long period of time. Kinda nice.

FACT #8: If I had a choice, I would choose Lawton’s alerts over immaculate ANY day.

FACT #9: The kids have been hanging out with my sister in law A LOT.

FACT #10: She even had them over night this week.

FACT #11: She is a total rock star.

FACT #12: We had a home showing yesterday morning, and I had to hide the blood drops on my son’s pillow case with a stuffed animal.

FACT #13: I wish One Touch would send me 20 free meters. I’m a meter hoarder, and I’ve only got one left in the box.

FACT #14: I’m waiting patiently for the gift I won from Lora. My husband got a big box delivered from work yesterday and I thought it was from her. I took a pic of it and only realized it wasn’t from her when I tried to pick it up and it was like 100 pounds…

FACT #15: The weather here has been GORGEOUS!!!!

FACT #16: My six year old told me today that sometimes he gives himself the wrong carb amounts on his pump, and he doesn’t tell me because, as he puts it, “once I push ACT, it’s already too late, right?”

FACT #17: After a lengthy talk about it NEVER being too late and he should tell me right away…he told me at dinner that he gave himself 60 carbs. He knew it was supposed to be 65, but he tried to explain to me that the real problem is his finger was just trigger happy. He was so focused on getting to the 60’s that once he got there he would deliver it. He was amazed that we could just add on 5 more carbs after the first delivery and all would be ok.

FACT #18: My new favorite TV show is American Pickers.

FACT #19: My new LEAST favorite TV show is Pawn Stars. (That guy is such a jerk!)

FACT #20: I wish I had time to blog every day. But its summer… and summer is all about getting out of the house and having fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan