Friday, July 19, 2013

Blogjacked by B


(Yesterday 11 year old B came up to me and said, "I'm going to write a post for your blog, Okay?"  And I said, "Okay."  And here it is.  Unedited.  Well, except he used they boys' full names, and I edited them down to initials.)


Hey. You know me. Well, you know me as “B.” You know, B, the guy in my mom’s blog. Well it’s time you know how I feel about diabetes.

It’s a challenge having diabetes. Everyone knows that. You constantly think about it. “What am I?” “Could I go low?” “Am I prepared?” I (almost) always think about that and I get tired of it. I know my mom does get tired of that. We all want to get rid of it. But there are some things I like about diabetes.

For example, you can get fast passes at theme parks like Six Flags, Disneyland, and Disneyworld. Speaking of Disneyworld, there’s always the awesome Friends For Life. I mean we got a scholarship to go to Florida.  If we didn’t have diabetes we wouldn’t have gone. That’s amazing. Plus, some get dogs that sniff out lows! We got our dog Lawton because we have diabetes. I love dogs. Also, you can get candy for lows! Everyone loves candy!

You know what makes diabetes easier? Knowing that you’re never alone. I always know that because of my brothers. When I’m with J I feel better cause he knows a lot. He knows when I should test which is great about him. Plus, he knows how to bolus, and he can tell me how many carbs.

L is an amazing brother. He always stays strong. He’s not scared of diabetes. That’s what I love about him. He always thinks he will be fine.

M doesn’t have diabetes. He doesn’t know what it’s like to be stabbed by a needle everyday. But he knows that we need to take care of it and he helps. Mom gets tired at night and needs rest. M practically stays up till 12 anyway. So, M tests for us at night. Perfectly logical. He a great help and a great brother!

Mom loves us all. She does whatever she can do to help us with diabetes. She always gets us prepared. I love her because she always knows what to do.  She also is a great mom. Sometimes she might embarrass me, but she is awesome!!!

Well, this is how I feel. I love all my brothers. I get sick of diabetes. I know my mom gets sick, too. That’s how I feel. Thanks for reading!

This is me hugging a horse statue at Friends For Life.  You're welcome.

B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan