Saturday, January 8, 2011

Doggone it, people like me!?

Please excuse the lateness of this post. I have had a super hard time wrapping my head around the generosity and the love of the DOC.

I found out last week that I had won all three categories I was nominated for in the DOC Awards.



I wish you could have seen my face when I turned on my computer that morning and found out. It was everything you can imagine…much like when the American Idol contestants get good comments from the judges and have that look of complete shock. I was even looking around the room…sure I was being punked. It was hands down one of my cheesiest moments to date.

Now that I think about it…I’m glad you didn’t see my face. VERY glad I was alone!

I’m pretty sure my jaw was agape for like 10 minutes. I kept staring at the screen…and this was all I could think of…


Many words come to mind, but the ones that stand foremost in my swelly brain are:

Thank you!

I don’t want to say anything, but man…I really have you guys hoodwinked! It’s all part of my evil plan to get you to like me and then eventually con you into sending me chocolate chip cookies.

Because every evil villain wants chocolate chip cookies, right?

That is my subtle yet painfully obvious way of telling you all I have started my New Year’s Healthier Eating Resolution. Hence the awkward and totally random insertion of warm chocolate chip cookies.

Cookies. They are what I dream about now.

Okay…I’m WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic.

Before I go, I want to encourage all of you to go back to the DOC Awards page HERE and read the blogs that were nominated alongside mine. They are amazing, fun, talented people. Some are wonderful D Mamas whose blogs I follow faithfully. Others are inspiring bloggers that are Type 1 themselves. Their insight and candor is fascinating to me. It’s like peeking into my boys’ futures. And you know what? I like what I see! They advocate for the future of our children…they are blazing a trail! And for that…I am eternally grateful.

Thank you to you for following and appreciating my journey. Thank you to the bloggers I follow, for advocating, making me laugh, cry...and just plain feel like part of a community...(okay, the music is playing me off the stage...I'm giving my kindest appreciative wave, wiping the honored tear from my eye, and ending my post now. ;)

Here is to another fantastic year of blogging for the DOC! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan