Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just so you know: I know I talk about my brain A LOT.


I went to bed last night with visions of last year’s Charlie Brown first day of school in my head. I was as ready as I’d ever be and yet I knew even with the best of intentions…IT can hit the fan. Regardless, when I did sleep, I slept HARD. I was exhausted last night and sporting a nice big fat head cold to boot.

The day went smooth as silk. Thankfully, I was able to meet with the boys teachers last night to go over emergency protocol and their daily schedule. L’s 1st grade teacher has had J and B, so we mostly just chatted. Her biggest concern was L communicating his lows…and since L is a pro at that now, all her fears were put to rest. B got a new teacher, one our family has never had…but B is awesome, so I feel good about it all.

The important thing is each boy had a stellar first day of school. Even though I feel like I’ve been hit by a Mac truck, and our family car is no doubt passed out in the garage from sheer exhaustion from our new commute…all is well.

I knew that moving our family into a better neighborhood was the right thing to do. I knew that being just a few blocks from my in-laws would be a blessing for sure. What I didn’t know is how much time I would end up spending in the car today. We moved to the East side, and kept the boys in the schools on the West side. My achy-breaky-head-cold-brain hates me for it right now.

A little lookie loo into my day:

8:00am: Leave for school
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

8:40am: Drive home
<--------------------------------------------------------------------
10:00am: Drive M to school. (Freshman orientation, my Sophomore got to start the first day late.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

10:15am: Drive to L’s school to show him the routine he’ll use to check his sugar at snack time.
<----------------------------------
10:25am: Drive Home
<--------------------------------------------------------------------
11:35am: Drive to L’s school again to support him through his new lunchtime routine. (I’ll do this tomorrow too, and then see how he does on his own Friday.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

11:50am: Drive to the store. Out of paper. (Paper of the copier and toilet variety.)
<--------------------------------------
12:15pm: Drive home.
<--------------------------------------------------------------------
1:15pm: Leave to pick up B and L from school. (They get out early this week.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

1:40pm: Leave B and L in their Omi’s capable hands, and head to Jr. High for 504 meeting.
-------------------------------------->

3:00pm: Pick up M from the High School.
------------------------------------->

3:15pm: Drive home.
<---------------------------------------------------------------------
4:15pm: Drive B to soccer practice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

4:30pm: Drive home.
<----------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00pm: pick up B from Soccer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------->

6:15pm: Drive to Omi’s for a wonderful home cooked meal. (THANK YOU OMI AND LISA!)
<---------------------------------------------------------------------
7:30pm: Drive home.
----------------->

I know most moms have days like this. It’s not so much the driving, but the in between that makes the mole hills into mountains. My brain was enjoying summer. My brain was in neutral. Now it is in 4th gear and it’s mad at me.

I don’t blame my brain for rebelling against me, but I know things will settle into a routine soon. I have family helping. I think I’ll just sing my brain a lullaby and hope that tomorrow the prayers I say tonight will grease its gears and prepare it for what will no doubt be another long day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan