Thursday, August 18, 2011

Half eaten bowl of cereal? Or brain exploder?

Let me give you some insight as to why my brain is swelly.



Exhibit A: A cereal bowl, half full of milk and bits of cereal.



Practically every mother in America doesn't give that a second thought.



Me?



I give it a second thought. And a third one, a fourth one...and maybe even a tenth one.



Yesterday was the first day of school. Maybe it was nerves. Maybe it was excitement, but neither B nor L finished more than half their cereal.



And to top it off...they used bowls we have never used before.



Using new bowls on the first day of school?



How am I supposed to SWAG that?



They are not as wide...but they are a little deeper. The circumference of the circle...why am I even trying to figure this out...I AM A GEOMETRY LOSER!



Swelling. Swelling, and more swelling.



On top of that, B asked me how much insulin. Me...assuming that he had eaten his entire bowl, gave him an amount. When I went back later, my heart stopped.



"Who's bowls are these?!!" (That was me yelling with my eyes practically popping out of my head.)



The boys filed in.



J: "Not mine. I ate all mine."



L: "That one is mine but I told you I couldn't eat it all."



B: "That one is mine, why?"



Me: "Why??? Why???? When you asked for a carb count you failed to mention to me that you didn't eat it all. Don't you think that is important? Don't you think getting more insulin than you are supposed to is a big deal? What if you had already left for school?"



B: "Yeah. I guess that is kinda important."



So he ate a banana to make it up.



Who knew one half eaten bowl of cereal could cause such angst in a mothers heart?



Or was it half? The bowl is narrower at the bottom. How am I supposed to eyeball that????



Diabetes is diabetes. I know it is hard and emotional, and a pain in the arse.



But it the little things that tip me over the edge.



Constant little things.



I guess I have to ask myself, "is the bowl half empty, or half full?"



After some thought, my answer is: Does it really matter? The bowl, and whatever its contents, are poop disturbers. Period.



It is as simple, or as complicated, as that!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan