Monday, May 16, 2011

10 things that have nothing to do with Diabetes!

1) My oldest is turning 16 on Wednesday. He got his permit and I had the privilege of taking him driving for the first time yesterday. My favorite quote from him had to be, "Okay, this shouldn't be too hard, I've played quite a few driving video games in my day. Just show me where the "A" button is and I'm good to go!" He was kidding of course, but man...you gotta love him!

2) There are 10 more actual school days left. My boys are chomping at the bit for summer. Sadly, I have practically chewed through the bit, because I JUST. CAN'T. WAIT!

3) One word. Disneyland.

4) L had strep last week. Guess who has a sore throat right this minute? I'll give you a hint...she has a swelly brain and dreams of test strips growing on trees.

5) For those of you who are not friends with me on Facebook...(And why that is, I do not know!) Any hoo, for those of you that don't know, a bird built a nest in the wreath on our front door. 4 eggs hatched a couple weeks ago. They were SO gross...and now they are finally getting cute! Pictures to come. In the meantime...we don't use the front door anymore...which is more complicated than one would think.

6) My husband has started his garden. He has a large area to plant, and curiously...he has chosen to begin to plant everywhere else but the garden boxes. When I told him I would support him in this...I didn't mean I wanted peppers growing in my front yard. Garden boxes people! I thought it would all be contained in the garden boxes!

7) As a completely random public service announcement: When there is a stop sign...it means stop. I'm not kidding. You seriously need to wait your turn.

8) We found out this week that my husband is officially 2 years cancer free. After seeing a you tube video this week he is compelled to share his story. Expect a tear jerker soon.

9) Phillip on Survivor is totally whack.

10) I started writing this last night...and here it is morning and my neck is swollen up like a puffer fish. It hurts. It's uncomfortable. It's official. I have strep. What am I, 8?

Have a wonderful week friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan